Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tinctures Part V - Rooibos Tincture and Natural Perfumes

Update on Rooibos tincture; this one is coming out great!  Rooibos comes from the leaves of the Red Bush plant grown in Africa.  Rooibos tea is often used as a replacement for tea (camellia sinensus) or coffee for those who can't drink caffeinated beverages.  Apparently, it's comparatively high in polyphenols and is an anti-inflammatory, in addition to other benefits.  


During the second week of tincturing I added half a vanilla bean pod leftover from baking.  It's been a good five weeks.  So, how does it smell?


Nutty, almost raisin-y in fruitiness, with a vanilla undertone.   I strained it through an unbleached coffee filter, wiping a drop on the back of my hand.  I sniffed my hand; sweet and vanilla-ish, still with the fruity top notes.  This would be sophisticated with some vetiver.  Perhaps some rose absolute.   This is going to make one happy bottle of perfume.  

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I must say. Actually rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you could have hit the nail about the head. Your thought is outstanding; ab muscles an element that insufficient everyone is speaking intelligently about. My business is happy which i came across this during my hunt for something about it. CBD edibles Cleveland Ohio

    ReplyDelete