Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Natural Perfumes - Treasure Natural Perfume for Japanese Quake Victims

The night I heard about the devastating earthquake in Japan, I stayed awake late thinking about what I could do.  The earthquake brought back memories of 9/11 for me.  My fiance was working in New York City whilst I was an overworked lawyer here in the Silicon Valley.  It was two weeks before our wedding date and he was planning to travel here for the last trip before the big day.  We had so many things to do. .  dance lessons, finalizing menus, wedding "stuff" that seems so trivial now that I look back.


The morning of 9/11 he was scheduled to be at a meeting across from the World Trade Center.  He called me as soon as he learned what had happened - thank God he was okay.  I remember thinking I was lucky I didn't have to wait too long to find out.  Of course, NYC was in chaos at that moment, but at least he hadn't been there when the towers were hit.


Back to Japan.  I can't be there to help the earthquake victims, but I thought I could help in the way I knew best - making perfume.  So I created Treasure, a triple floral perfume to raise money for Global Giving on behalf of Japan.  All profits will go to this organization, which has been recommended by the NY Times, Time Magazine, and ABC News for contributions.


Treasure natural perfume, a triple floral with rose, champaca, jasmine grounded by sandalwood
Here's my Etsy description:


Treasure
Rare florals, Grounding
5 ml glass heart bottle with silk pouch

This limited edition perfume is a treasure trove of rare scents. This scent begins with a hint of uplifting lemon and bergamot, superb at lifting negativity and healing the spirit. The heart of this perfume is a trio of florals. The Champaca bud is traditionally worn by Indian women behind the ear and releases its scent as it blossoms. Champaca lends a creamy, almost buttery sweetness. The finest organic ylang ylang extra from Madagascar lifts the Champaca like a sweet breeze. The third floral is precious jasmine sambac, the pikake flower, used by aromatherapists to lift depression and restore joy with its spicy sweetness. Sandalwood waits at the bottom of our treasure chest like a layer of gold coins. 

Sometimes only through severe agitation may the greatest treasures be revealed to us beneath the earth. This earthquake revealed to us the strength of the Japanese people - their resolve, dignity, their love for their neighbors and country, all precious treasures. Let us support this country through our pocketbooks and through a shared sense of community. I will be donating all of my proceeds to Global Giving, an organization recommended by ABC News, Times, and the NY times for charitable contributions: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/japan-earthquake-tsunami-relief/

Treasure comes in a clear heart bottle holding 5 ml of precious scent, attractively packaged in a silk embroidered pouch of our choosing. 90% organic, no synthetic fragrances, pthalates, petrols, or parabens.


I tested it out on some of my friends before listing it.  Some comments are: 
"Wow.  It's like you bottled the Garden of Eden after a rainstorm." - Arielle.
"This smells like what I would put on before bedtime if I felt naughty."  - Nira
"Like Mermaid Lane's Pearl, only more sensual."  - Karen
"It smells like daisies!" - Sara, 6 years old.


If you're interested in helping Japan by purchasing this perfume, please click: Treasure Natural Perfume


P.S.  We were able to marry on schedule, though many of our guests couldn't make it due to cancelled flights.  It will be our 10 years anniversary this year!

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you're doing this, and the perfume sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love reading your page and I think I'm gonna love this perfume. What a delightful read in here! :)
    pheromone cologne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product claims to be the world’s first oxytocin product; oxytocin is a hormone naturally found in humans that influences mood, social ties, and more. nuttyscents.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like perfumes and have always wondered how they are made, you are not on your own. Perhaps you've even gone beyond that and have already dipped your toes in the waters of perfume making as a hobby and now wonder how you can make money from it. If this describes you then you'll be happy to know that it's not an impossible objective, making perfumes to sell can be relatively easy. ابراهيم القرشي

    ReplyDelete