Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Brown Sugar Grapefruit Lemon DIY scrub - Natural Perfumery in Everyday Life

Got dry skin?  Me, too.  Here is my favorite recipe for an at home scrub.  Sugar is less abrasive than salt, and brown sugar even more so.  This combination reminds me of the grapefruit halves my mother would sprinkle with brown sugar, then put under the broiler to caramelize.  (Way to get your kids their full serving of Vitamin C, mom!).  I use jojoba oil, but you can use whatever oil you prefer.  Almond oil works great, so does olive oil (just not garlic infused, please).


Brown sugar isn't just for baking.
Mix two parts brown sugar with one part oil.  Add five drops grapefruit essential oil and five drops lemon oil per one cup of scrub.  Take a face towel or your hands and scrub away!

P.S. Grapefruit juice rubbed on the skin is said to be helpful for lightening dark spots.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty easy! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite home scrub too! I use it about once a week. I scent it with some patchouli essential oil most of the time, some other time its lavander or whatever fits my mood... I use no cloth, just my hands! It works fine! Once I'm done and dry, I still smell great : a mix of whatever essential oil I used + sugar! :D Sweet! And no dry patch of skin left to be found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something to try. I think my fiance would love this.

    pheromone

    ReplyDelete