Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Smells Like Easter!

You can identify the holiday by the smells.  Today I smell marshmallows, sugar, bubbles, grass, wet dirt, vinegar, chocolate, jellybeans, and since I happen to be baking banana bread, bananas.  It's Easter!  
Sugared chickadees from Paris

Realist Mermaid's panoramic Easter eggs
Our personalized eggs

Panoramic easter eggs are a tradition in our family.   The ones I had as a kid looked better than they tasted.  I had one as a child that lasted at least ten years and had tiny bite marks where I tried to nibble it through the years.   The eggs haven't changed but now you can get ones made with organic sugar and vegetable based food dyes, so at least your nibbles can be somewhat more healthful.  The ones I chose this year were made by the amazing baker and candymaker, Realist Mermaid.  Her creations are organic, unprocessed and thoroughly unique.  I can personally attest to the deliciousness of her chocolate covered marshmallows.  


A girlfriend just brought back some of these adorable sugared chicks from Paris.  Yes, I ate one of them as well.  These are what Peeps aspire to be.  The other goodies are a chocolate bar dusted with lavender buds and fleur de sel.  At least if I can't go to Paris, at least I can have friends who there, no?  
Much love, fun, and spiritual reflection on your Easter weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment